How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has a theft charge against her. She got a court

This answer was rated:

My daughter has a theft charge against her. She got a court appt. laywer and now he says that he does not want to represent her. Can he pull out of the case after he took it?and what can she do about this?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

What reason did he give for wanting to no longer represent her?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Said if she could pay bail she can afford a laywer

That is not the lawyer's decision to make. That is up to the judge. At the next court date she needs to let the judge know she would like to be appointed another lawyer based on what he has said. The judge will either a) give a tongue lashing to the lawyer, or b) appoint someone else to represent her.

Either way, the lawyer cannot avoid representation for that reason alone.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.


Nate and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you