How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  Former Assistant District Attorney - NYC; Criminal Defense Experience for 30+ years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a packet of information which I wrote into a report

This answer was rated:

I have a packet of information which I wrote into a report and which I would like to send in to the police. There were arguable crimes committed by an individual which this report explains all about. Can I mail in my information to the city's PD address? The department appears to have an online police report filer and a phone number, but I would prefer to mail my info in. Also, would eventually I be able to receive confirmation that my material was indeed investigated? For legal reasons I was hoping to at least receive some kind of confirmation that my complaint was received.

Hi and welcome to JA

First, I would suggest your delivering it in person and get a receipt from the exact officer who would handle it.

Second, or call and get the name of the person who will handle it and address it to him or her personally.....certified mail RRR.

Remember that this is not legal advice. Please see the JA terms of service. You must consult a CO lawyer.

Please accept my answer and rate it 3, 4 or 5 so I can receive credit for assisting you. You can go to a site called and search for a lawyer near you.


rvlaw and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you