Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I quit my job at a sweepstakes in north carolina now he is

I quit my job at a sweepstakes in north carolina now he is telling people i stole 6000 and he is gonna press charges on me i never filled any paper work for this job and i havent stole anything my name is XXXXX XXXXX in there system can i go to jail for this

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

He is going to have to prove you stole the money before worrying about going to jail.

Customer:

he claims that the reciepts can prove it but my name is XXXXX XXXXX the reciepts its somebody else name on them but it is my log in number

JD 1992 :

I think he is going to have a hard time proving it.

JD 1992 :

If you get contacted by the police you will want to hire a lawyer and definitely do not talk to them.

Customer:

he called threating me to write a letter saying how i am gonna pay him back but i am not gonna admit to nothing i didnt do we barely have 6 customers in a 12 hour day so how in the world can he have 6000 dollars stole from him

JD 1992 :

He may just be trying to extort money from you. Don't talk to him or interact with him. Go and talk to a lawyer and hire him to send a letter threatening a slander suit.

Customer:

can the police come and just arrest me on his accusations is what i need to know

JD 1992 :

Yes, they can get a warrant for you just on his accusations. They usually investigate first, but they don't always.

Customer:

wow so i need to find me a lawyer fast huh

JD 1992 :

You should.

Customer:

ok thanks i will do that now i hope i can get out of this and i am gonna sue him for slander

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you. Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) so I get credit for my work.

Customer:

i already did all i have to do is submit it and do you know any low cost lawyers in north carolina

JD 1992 :

I don't know anyone in NC but you can find one by going to www.lawyers.com and looking for lawyers that do criminal law.

Customer:

ok thanks

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.