How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask shurmust Your Own Question
shurmust, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 165
Experience:  I have completed over fifty jury trials in the last three years and teach part-time at a local state college.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
shurmust is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have done exceptionally well after serving my sentence in

This answer was rated:

I have done exceptionally well after serving my sentence in federal prison. I have 5 years probation. I've completed almost 2. I would like to get off probation early.What should a letter to the judge say? .

Greetings! I am happy to help you answer this question. I am a little confused, do you have a lawyer to help you with this matter?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. i don't have a lawyer to help me. That's why I'm asking

Okay. I understand. While you may not have a lawyer, simply writing a letter is not the route one in your position should be taking. You have to understand there are rules that prohibit you from talking to directly to the judge without the other party (prosecutor) present. You should consider hiring a lawyer for the purposes of terminating your probation early. Generally, you can not have any violations on probation and you will have to have completed at least half of the term. In addition to demonstrating model behavior as you explained.

shurmust and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you