How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Back in the 1980s I did some construction work as a owner-builder

This answer was rated:

Back in the 1980's I did some construction work as a owner-builder in my home in Honolulu, Hi. Building permits were in order to include electrical work. Just today I found out that I may have been in violation of a building code which I was not aware off will check come Monday morning. Here's my situation, I sold the house in 1987 and I need to know how to go about informing the home owner now what may have happened because I was unaware of the violation and I am willing to correct the mistake. Robbie

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Of course, if you were not aware then there is no mistake. However, if you feel you want to let the current homeowner know you can simply call them and tell them

And while that is a nice gesture, they do not have to allow you to make any repairs. They can call their own electrician and then make you pay the bill since you are now informing them there is a possible error.

Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you