How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27214
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

One year ago I picked up a class B Misdemeanor, theft. When

This answer was rated:

One year ago I picked up a class B Misdemeanor, theft. When I was 21..
I payed my dues, both to the state and the store I took from.
I had it deferred adjudafication. I want to service my country will this hold me back
Is there any further actions I can take to get a clean record. Or am I just going to keep hitting this wall despite all the I do.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. This is certainly thing which you can try and have expunged from your record or in the alternative, an order of nondisclosure. I have provided the link with the steps and information you will need, to try and obtain that. However, if you want to service your country by enlisting in the army, military, air force, etc, they will be able to see your criminal record, even if you try and hide it from public view. At the same time, a recruiter should be able to help you and get your enlisted. They have incentives for working with you and typically it is drug related or violent crimes which result in a person not being able to enlist. A misdemeanor charge for theft should not prevent you from doing so and you should certainly speak with a recruiter to help you with the process.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I mean, that is good news means I can do something still.

I thought you could not get deferred adjudication off your record

The order of disclosure may be an alternative and if you click on the link, you will see if the ability to do so, applies to your situation. At the end of the day, you should be able to enlist but will need to disclose the charge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, is there any possibility of getting it expunged?

No, there is not. Like I said, that would only prevent it from public view, if granted, not from the armed forces.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!