Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

my daughter is gonna b 17 the end of this month, and she was

with 3 of her friends...
my daughter is gonna b 17 the end of this month, and she was with 3 of her friends in a friends car, and her friends were drinking and had alcohol in her friends car, not my7 daughter and she even blew and blew a triple zero, yet she still got a ticket for possession??? is that right??
8/1/2013
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with you question today.

Can you tell in which state this occurred? Also if the ticket is available and you have the code section under which she was charged please provide that also.

lakemoor, il. and possession of alcohol/liquor??

The Illinois statute prohibits a person from possessing alcohol.

You can read the statue here:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=023500050K6-20

While the .000 tests results show that your daughter did not consume any alcohol the do not necessarily mean that she was not in possession of alcohol. That is why the officer most likely charged her.

If she contest the charge in court she can point her .000 test results to show that she had not consumed the alcohol. If another passenger had a positive test result that the alcohol that was found belonged to that person and not your daughter. Hopefully she has a reasonable judge.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

_________________________________________________________________
Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer

ty.. thats kinda the same way i feel about it. lol thanks again for your help(:

You're welcome. And good luck.

ty

LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer