How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Guru Your Own Question
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1366
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal-Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 19-year-old son got stopped for speeding (10 over) in a

This answer was rated:

My 19-year-old son got stopped for speeding (10 over) in a construction zone in a southern Illinois county. He has to go to court. The fine is likely to be hefty, along with the bond. Should I go with him? It's a first offense.
Welcome to JustAnswer.

Since at 19 years old he is legally an adult, it is not necessary for you to go with him, but you certainly can if that would make you and him more comfortable. It is a personal decision not a legal one.

If you call the court clerk's office, they will likely be able to tell you in advance how much the fine and court costs will be, and whether payment plans are generally accepted.
Legal-Guru and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you