MyraB
MyraB, Lawyer
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.
74614265

I live in mn and have an interference with a 911 on my record

I live in mn and have an interference with a 911 on my record from about 5 years ago. I was told it would go down to a misdemeanor after probation which was done with a couple years ago. I was thinking of getting a permit to purchase and conceal and carry. I don't remember any thing about not being able to own or have a gun. So my question is can I own or have a gun?
Hello and thank you for your question.

Interference with an emergency call is a gross misdemeanor in Minnesota, so the conviction 5 years ago would not prevent you from owning a gun under either federal or state law.

The list of disqualifications to possessing a firearm in Minnesota may be found here https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=624.713#stat.624.713

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions.