How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MyraB Your Own Question
MyraB, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 371
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
MyraB is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in mn and have an interference with a 911 on my record

This answer was rated:

I live in mn and have an interference with a 911 on my record from about 5 years ago. I was told it would go down to a misdemeanor after probation which was done with a couple years ago. I was thinking of getting a permit to purchase and conceal and carry. I don't remember any thing about not being able to own or have a gun. So my question is can I own or have a gun?
Hello and thank you for your question.

Interference with an emergency call is a gross misdemeanor in Minnesota, so the conviction 5 years ago would not prevent you from owning a gun under either federal or state law.

The list of disqualifications to possessing a firearm in Minnesota may be found here

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions.
MyraB and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you