How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37380
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue a woman that willfully knew my husband was married,

This answer was rated:

Can I sue a woman that willfully knew my husband was married, slept with him, got pregnant, and chose to have a married man's baby for Criminal Conversion in Louisiana?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
The crime of criminal conversion is committed when one person unlawfully exerts unauthorized use or control over another's property. So this wouldn't apply here.
The legal doctrine in some states that allows a spouse to sue for adultery is called "alienation of affection". Unfortunately, Louisiana abolished actions for alienation of affection in the case of Moulin v. Monteleone, 165 La. 169, 115 So. 447 (1927).
So I am sorry to say it, but I don't see any legal recourse against the woman for her actions with your husband.

I am sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.





Barrister and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you