How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27708
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can I restore my full civil rights in ky after 30 yrs of not

This answer was rated:

can I restore my full civil rights in ky after 30 yrs of not even a traffic offence? young,stupid,and regretful--dumb--cocain there an answer.
Hi Jacustomer,

I wish I had better news for you. Kentucky is a pretty tough state. In many other states, at least some of your right, like the right to vote, would get restored at the completion of your sentence. That's not true in Kentucky. To get any of your rights back you're going to need a pardon from the governor.

Pardons are not easy to come by. In fact, they are very very rare. But then so is someone with a felony offense who hasn't had another bit of trouble in 30 years. You're probably going to be a better candidate than most of the applicants with stats like yours.

You don't need a lawyer to apply for a pardon, You can do it all for yourself. The state has not released it's forms on the internet. You have to order them from the Governor's Office. Here's the link to more information about it.

Best of luck!

Zoey_ JD and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you