How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I got a ticket for 647(b)pc prostitution in San Diego

This answer was rated:

I got a ticket for 647(b)pc prostitution in San Diego and am first offender. Officer says that I probably end up with paying fine but I am not sure about it. Do you think I should talk to a lawyer?
My name isXXXXX have over ten years of criminal defense experience and will be assisting you today.

If you do not have a record, you may be able to work out a plea deal to keep it that way. If you pay a fine that is the same as a guilty plea and this will remain permanently on your record.

In many cases, there are classes you can take or community service you can do that result in the charge being dismissed. You would need your lawyer to negotiate with the prosecutor to get that result. Certainly do not take the advice of the police officer who arrested you. Your interests are not his concern.

From here, retain a local attorney to represent you and try to work out a plea that will keep your record clean.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, If I have my attorney, does that mean I do not have to show the trial?Since I have no record and do not want this to remain on my record, I would get a local attorney and what kind of community service do I have to take?

You always have to show up in court. How much community service you do or how your case is resolved depends entirely on the negotiation skills of your attorney. Nothing is automatic. Just stay in touch with your lawyer to ensure that they are giving adequate attention to your case.
Nate and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you