How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an officer that has filed a false report with out taking

Customer Question

I have an officer that has filed a false report with out taking down the correct information and someone imperessionating to be someone they weren't and the officer did not check it out instead filed the report whatcan I do to this officer as filing charges against her for NOT DOING HER JOB RIGHT.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 4 years ago.
My name is Nate. I a have more than a decade of criminal law experience and I will be assisting you today.

Your real complaint may really be against the person who impersonated you. What happened that caused this person to claim to be you when talking to the police?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My mother passed away last year her estate is still open its going to court I have a lawyer. He said I could move her vehicle off the property put it where nothing would happen to it due to some one messing around it. I moved it my sister filed a stolen vehicle police report against me and also had someone imperssoninate as being my fiancé when they filed the report. We were in Arkansas at the time. She new the vehicle had been moved I want to file charges against her for false report and against the officer for not taking down the information right and not getting correct names and filing a false report her self. They were planning on getting me for vehicle theft which is a serious charge now I want to go after them which I defiantly plan on doing what can I file an all of them not just one. Each and everyone of them.

Expert:  Nate replied 4 years ago.
Your case is against your sister and the person who posed as your fiance. The officer did his job in just taking the report - there's no case against him.

You need to contact the police department and/or the local district attorney's office to file a warrant against your sister and the other person for criminal impersonation and filing a false report, which is a serious charge. The case seems rather straightforward based on what you've stated in your question and additional information. That would be your next step at this point.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Isnt the officer suppose to ask for all identification at that time taking the Statements, because she the officer was planning on ARRESTING ME FOR AUTO THEFT WITH OUT PROBALL CAUSE and all statements were not taken on the case and was not followed up prior to the report and after it was given. All attorneys at that time new the vehicle was been moved and the hiers new also but a report was filed anyways and the officer new all this as well.

Expert:  Nate replied 4 years ago.
I've dealt with hundreds of criminal cases and this sort of thing is not unusual. The officer is not obligated to do that much investigation. The officer's job is just to take the report. Your complaint is against those who lied to and manipulated the officer.

Related Criminal Law Questions