joelaws8
joelaws8, Lawyer
Experience:  I can answer general criminal law questions regarding specific statutes and procedure.
63991514

I met some online who said they what to sext me so I did and

I met some online who said they what to sext me so I did and then he said he was a cop will I go to jail I'm 14
Good morning and thank you for the question.

Just to clarify, when you say "sext," are you referring to sending sexually related text messages, or pictures / videos?

Thank you for the info, and I look forward to assisting you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Unfortunately, I am not understanding. Was it a text

OR

was it a picture / video?

Also please tell me which state this is occurring in as different states have different laws regarding this issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I sent a nude pic like he asked for and then he said he was a cop and I will go to jail
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I sent a nude pic like he asked for and then he said he was a cop and I will go to jail Texas

Okay, thank you for the information.

Typically, you will see internet based stings going after adult predators of children.

I do not find it even remotely possible that they would conduct a sting going after children.

That brings me to the conclusion that the person you were texting was probably not a cop and if he was, you were probably given the wrong number by the person online.

Please note, since you are a minor, a sexually explicit picture of you is considered contraband if possessed by anyone. Therefore, although it sounds silly, even you possessing a picture of yourself or one of your minor friends can be considered possession of child pornography, a serious crime. Therefore, you should really wait until you have reached the age of 18 to do this (or even better, don't do this at all).

I hope that answers your question! If so, please positively rate my answer. Experts only receive compensation for answers when the customer rates the answer. Rating my answer will NOT preclude you from asking follow up questions in the future, should any arise. In fact, if you rate my answer, your follow up questions will be my highest priority! If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

If you feel the need to click either "Bad service" or "Poor service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be very happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek at no additional charge.

Thank you very much,
Joe