How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28384
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters friend received a MIP while visiting here in

This answer was rated:

My daughter's friend received a MIP while visiting here in CA. She is going back to Indiana. She will not be able to meet her court date. What can she do>
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If she fails to appear at her court date, a warrant could likely be issued for her arrest. As such, if she can not appear, she would need to retain a criminal defense attorney, to appear on her behalf. The attorney will need to look over the facts of the case and see if she has any legal defenses to raise and if not, work out a plea deal, that is in her best interest. Seeing how she was visiting and resides in Indiana, the attorney can see if the court would accept a plea in absentia, under the circumstances and hardship she would face, if she needs to return. If she does not want to return and appear she must retain legal counsel to avoid any additional problems.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can she retain one via phone?


Yes, she can speak with the attorney over the phone and anything that needs to be signed, can be done through the mail, fax or email, along with any payment needing to be made, over the phone.
CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you