Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I need to view a criminal record of a witness in a lawsuit

I am pursuing. He...
I need to view a criminal record of a witness in a lawsuit I am pursuing. He was arrested in New York State within the past 1 - 2 years, for DUI. He then did not show up for the hearing, and a bench warrant was issued. He then was pulled over while driving, for an infraction, and was arrested. He could not make bail, and is in a county jail someplace in rural New York, though I am not sure which county.

How can I access all the information for the DUI offense, and also the information for his recent arrest, including location and the amount of bail?
7/24/2013
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. To view the information related to the DUI offense, you would need to go to the courthouse, in the county where the case was handled and speak with the clerk of court, in the criminal division and request a copy of the file. They will pull it from the records and let you view it or make copies, for a fee, of the information which you would like to obtain. In regard to the recent arrest, you really need to know the county in which he was taken into custody in and being held, so you could search his name, which would reveal where he is being held and the bail amount. If you can at least narrow down the location, you can always try contacting a bail bond agent to assist, in the event that the information is not posted on the counties website.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty