How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4492
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I was just scammed...scared out of sending Money to

This answer was rated:

I think I was just scammed...scared out of sending Money to a guy claiming to be an DEA age t. Do I have any recourse?

So that I can best help you, can you tell me a little more about what happened?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This man called me this morning and said since I had ordered RX mess online there was a warrant out for my arrest and DEA agents were 15 minutes from my house and unless I agreed to paying a fine I would most likely be going to prison. I was scared and sent money. Now I am angry at myself. The money was sent my Western Union to the Dominican Republic. I feel incredibly stupid!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the answer?

Unfortunately, it is pretty certain that you were scammed. Don't feel stupid, though...a lot of people have fallen into the same trap because these people prey upon individuals by scaring them. In fact, the DEA has set up a website for dealing with this situation because it happens so often:

As you can see, there is a phone number where you can report the scam to the DEA. You are in a somewhat tricky situation, however, because importing prescription drugs into the United States is a crime. So if you do decide to report it, you do have the right to refuse to answer any questions that might incriminate you. You can also report the scam to the Attorney General's Office Consumer Protection Division, which investigates consumer scams:

Realistically, even if the DEA or AG's office gets involved and investigates this crime, it is unlikely you will be able to recover the money. Western Union is the favored payment method of scammers all over the world because once they pick up the cash, it is basically untraceable.

I'm sorry I can't give you better news...I know it is probably not what you were looking to hear.
Hammer O'Justice and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions