Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

my adult daughters ex boyfriend has just sent a pic of her

my adult daughters ex boyfriend has just sent a pic of her naked at his house from when they were dating (she was unaware of any video devices being used) he has threatened to publish this on social media ect what can we do?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

First you need to call the police and file a complaint for video voyeurism against him for taking nude photos of her without her knowledge and consent and for extortion.

Second, you can file suit against him for invasion of privacy and seek money damages from him for his conduct as well as an injunction ordering him to turn over any and all copies of the picture and to destroy all files containing pictures of your daughter

You can take both legal steps at the same time to pursue the creep.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.