How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was involved in an arrest that the state nole pross......i

This answer was rated:

i was involved in an arrest that the state nole pross......i want to file chargs against the state for the officers lies on police report to get a warrent ......he forged the police report with lies what are my first steps to file charges and is there a standard format i can follow if i choose to do it myself
Hello. My name isXXXXX am a Florida Licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, there is no way for you to file charges against the police officers, since the arrest or search warrant is issued by the judge, so if the warrant is issued by the judge, it would make it a valid and legal warrant, based on the fact that a judge detemined that there was a probable cause to issue a warrant.

If you were charged with the crime and the charges were later dismissed due to prosecution declining to prosecute the charges, you might have a claim against the police department and the State Attorney Office for wrongful arrest and malicious prosecution.

Also if you have clear evidence that one or more police officer lied in your case, then you can also file a formal complaint against the officer with the internal affairs bureau of the police department and your complaint will be investigated.

I would suggest that you do consult with a local civil rights law attorney and this attorney can review your case for potential lawsuit based on wrongful arrest and malicious prosecution.

You can find an experienced local civil rights attorney by using these well established and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Dear Jess,

Each case is different and unfortunate it would be beyond the scope of this service and beyond what we are permitted or able to do, when it comes to analyzing specific cases or providing any type of legal advice, so unfortunately I cannot give you legal advice when it comes to pursuing and filing your specific case.

Civil rights lawsuits are extremely complex and if you attempt to file and pursue one yourself, without being represented by an experienced civil rights attorney, the chances of success would be extremely minimal and your would risk getting your case dismissed, before it ever gets to trial, so at this point I would strongly urge you to seek help of the local civil rights attorney.

I do wish you the best of luck!