Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I have a felony in Texas about 20 or 25 years ago it was burgury

Customer Question

I have a felony in Texas about 20 or 25 years ago it was burgury of a motor vehicle i took probation because i could not afford an attorney at the time could i be able to have this expungment from my record?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

No, unfortunately not. Texas only allows the expungement of arrests which resulted in a not guilty or a dismissal. If you did probation then you are eligible to have the record expunged.

JACUSTOMER-cogiqv5f- :

so i am eligible to have my record expunged and will not show correct?

JD 1992 :

No, you can't. If you had probation then you are not eligible for an expungment.

JACUSTOMER-cogiqv5f- :

what about an pardon?

JD 1992 :

You can apply for a pardon from the Governor.

JD 1992 :

If you want to try that road then you need to get an attorney in Austin who works with the Board of Pardons.

JD 1992 :

It is a fairly complicated procedure in Texas because you have to apply to the Board of Pardons who then makes a recommendation to the Governor who can either follow or reject their recommendation.

JACUSTOMER-cogiqv5f- :

Thank you

JD 1992 :

Anything else I can answer for you?

JD 1992 :

And you're welcome.

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you on this and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work.