Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My daughter is in the chesterfield county va jail and charged

with 2 felonies for assault...
My daughter is in the chesterfield county va jail and charged with 2 felonies for assault & battery on a minor. She went to court yesterday and was given a court date of aug 9th. Judge did not give her a bond. How can I get her out of jail? She does have medicines that she needs to take.
7/9/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Alex Esquire :

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's situation.

Alex Esquire :

Was a bond hearing held and was your daughter denied bond by the judge?

Customer:

yes, I am on line

Customer:

Yes a hearing was held yesterday, and she was denied bond

Alex Esquire :

Was the minor badly hurt?

Customer:

no. they were taken to the hospital & x-rays were taken and they were fine & release the same day

Alex Esquire :

Does your daughter have any prior criminal record?

Customer:

yes, something like bad check

Alex Esquire :

Is she a convicted felon?

Customer:

no, I don't think so...but I'm really not sure.

Alex Esquire :

Were you in court during the bond hearing?

Customer:

no

Alex Esquire :

Do you know the reasons why your daughter's bond was denied?

Customer:

No, she was not able to reach me yesterday because I had to set up a prepaid account for the calls and no I 've not heard from her, which is worrying me.

Alex Esquire :

Was the minor a family member?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

my granddaughters

Customer:

they hit her and she hit them back, but with a broom

Alex Esquire :

Well, your daughter is facing from 1 to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000 if she is convicted of these charges. Also she might loss her parental rights due to these criminal charges.

Alex Esquire :

How old were the minors and is your daughter their mother?

Customer:

these children are not her's

Customer:

they are 12 13 years old

Alex Esquire :

okay

Alex Esquire :

Well, you would need to hire a local criminal defense attorney for your daughter as soon as possible.

Customer:

they chared her with 2 felonies

Alex Esquire :

This local criminal defense attorney would be able to file a motion to have the bond decision reconsidered.

Customer:

how do I fine a decent lawyer

Alex Esquire :

A court hearing will be set upon the motion and the judge will decide based on all the facts and evidence of whether your daughter a threat to anyone or a flight risk, if she should be granted a bond.

Alex Esquire :

However if the bond is granted on such charges, it can be as high as $50,000 or more

Customer:

there is a report from the hospital to show that the children were not injured

Alex Esquire :

You can use these well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites to find an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area:

Alex Esquire :

www.martindale.com

Alex Esquire :

www.justia.com

Alex Esquire :

www.lexmundi.com

Alex Esquire :

www.lawyers.com

Alex Esquire :

Also, your daughter's medical concerns / needs should be properly addressed in jail, as jails do have medical professionals to help and monitor prisoners.

Alex Esquire :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

these links are for lawyers in va

Customer:

yes, it does make sense

Alex Esquire :

yes

Alex Esquire :

you can find an experienced criminal defense lawyer in VA through these links

Alex Esquire :

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?

Customer:

can the lawyer get the report from the hospital before asking for a bond hearing

Alex Esquire :

Yes

Customer:

thank for your help. will I be able to save this conversation to my email?

Alex Esquire :

Your daughter's local attorney will be able to bring any relevant evidence to support your daughter's motion for a bond reconsideration

Alex Esquire :

Do you know how to copy and paste?

Customer:

yes

Alex Esquire :

you can do that and copy the chat and save it into your word or notepad

Alex Esquire :

I wish you the best of luck. Please click on the "excellent service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.

Customer:

thank you again and I will

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law