How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16720
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arraigned in court for a domestic violence case and the

This answer was rated:

I was arraigned in court for a domestic violence case and the judge gave me a stipulation that i could not have assaultive behavior ,he did not give me a no contact with my wife .we very much love each other but i am afraid of seeing her because of the not understanding the stipulation .we have 4 children together and i would like to go home .could you ex-plane this stipulation or have you heard of this i was hope it not that i cant see her is it.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry about this unfortunate situation.

Was this misdmeanor or a felony assault?

Did you consult and retain a local criminal defense attorney to represent you in this case?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It was a misdmeanor ,no i have a attorny in mind but i just got out today.


Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, a stipulation prohibiting "assaultive behavior", simply means that the defendant cannot engage in any type of aggressive / hostile / assaultive behavior towars the victim, but does not mean a no contact or restraining order.

However, because every case is different and it is extremely important for you to make sure that you are in fact can come back to your home, I would suggest that you do consult with a local criminal defense attorney, who can look at the release documents and confirm that you are legally permitted to return home to your wife.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you