Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

Is an online concealed carry permit from Virginia valid in

Is an online concealed carry permit from Virginia valid in texas? (example being http://virginiaconcealed.com/get-certified/)
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

This is not an online concealed carry permit, but a video training class that is required in order to apply for a Virginia concealed carry permit.

Do you have or plan to apply for Virginia concealed carry permit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I live in texas but want to get the concealed carry permit from virginia online as I have a dui from 3 years ago and texas law says I must wait 5 years to take the concealed carry test in texas.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, the application is not online if you do decide to apply for a non-resident concealed carry permit. Here is the link to the Virginia State Police explaining the process:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_NonresidentConcealed.shtm

If you obtain a concealed permit from Virginia it would be recognized in the state of Texas.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So as long as i pass the online course I would have no legal issues in texas?

You would have to pass the online course and also obtain a Virgnial concealed carry permit.