Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I got arrested for 5 hydrocodone pills have never had a drug

charge before. was released with...
I got arrested for 5 hydrocodone pills have never had a drug charge before. was released with no bail going to arraignement what to expect
7/8/2013
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

Do you have any other kind of criminal record?

assault in1997 and passion of gun in 1982

Are you asking what to expect as far as punishment or what to expect as far as the way the court works?

both

At an arraignment the judge just reads you your rights again and ask for your plea. In your case, you will want to plead not guilty and either hire an attorney or ask for one to be appointed.

The unknown issue here is how the DA is going to look at your prior convictions. Usually this would be a case where a year or so of probation would be offered and the court would require you to take drug classes or counseling.

It may be that the DA will offer that type of bargain anyway.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer