Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I left a water truck in New Town ND on private property. I

I left a water truck in New Town ND on private property. I was working for a man with a trucking company and he used my truck without my permission and had a wreck while his employee was driving it. He did not notify me of the accident and I find out 3 months later that this happened. What can I do about this to this person that did this?
Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

You can certainly report this as an unauthorized use of the vehicle to the local police but whether they choose to pursue it or not depends on the police. Many times they choose not to pursue these kinds of matters and will tell you to pursue a civil action.

You can also sue the person that wrecked the vehicle as well as the trucking company owner who allowed them to use it. You can recover the cost of repair or the value of the vehicle at the time it was wrecked (if it was totaled)