How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33759
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I left a water truck in New Town ND on private property. I

This answer was rated:

I left a water truck in New Town ND on private property. I was working for a man with a trucking company and he used my truck without my permission and had a wreck while his employee was driving it. He did not notify me of the accident and I find out 3 months later that this happened. What can I do about this to this person that did this?
Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

You can certainly report this as an unauthorized use of the vehicle to the local police but whether they choose to pursue it or not depends on the police. Many times they choose not to pursue these kinds of matters and will tell you to pursue a civil action.

You can also sue the person that wrecked the vehicle as well as the trucking company owner who allowed them to use it. You can recover the cost of repair or the value of the vehicle at the time it was wrecked (if it was totaled)
Dwayne B. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you