Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My daughter pleaded no contest for her first day offense DWI

last year in WI. She...
My daughter pleaded no contest for her first day offense DWI last year in WI. She has an interlock on her car since December for one year. She would like to move to Nevada in august. Can she take her car to nv or does she have to sell it? If she can drive, can she have the interlock removed or can j have the car license transfered to me (since I am co owner). Please advise. Jeff Adamzak XXXXXXXXXX [email protected]
7/4/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid that in order to move to NV and have her license transferred, she is going to have to start now to ask that her interlock be transferred to Nevada, since the state of WI will not release her license to obtain a NV license as required within 30 days of her moving there. She is going to have to contact the drivers license bureau to arrange for transfer of the interlock to NV if she wants to drive in NV as WI will not release her license. She can transfer the car to you but she would not be able to get her WI license released until she completes the specified term for her interlock or she would not be able to drive in NV I am afraid.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer