Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

hi last monday i ordered 100 pills of ecstasy from a company

overseas in the Ukraine. It...
hi last monday i ordered 100 pills of ecstasy from a company overseas in the Ukraine. It never came . They said it would arrive on thursday and this past monday I called to say it never came and all of a sudden I got the following emails. Help are they scamming me.
Good day, after I received your email, I contacted the the shipping agency and they told me that your package has been stopped by the customs at the Jackson International Airport Atlanta GAThey said that the customs want to forward the case to the police sothat you are arrested to face the law but we are pleading on them tosee how we can solve the issue without involving the police. We arepleading on them that we will give them what ever amount of money theywant to close the case without involving the police.The the police are involved in this case, you will go to jail forillegal importation of Ecstasy in US and you may be in jail for a verylong time which is not good.Please be calm, we will do our best.I will let you know what next to do as soon as we hear from the customs.Thanks

This has never happened before. It is the first time we have faced
this. But we are doing our possible best to solve the issue. There is
no need for a lawyer for now except otherwise.

We have pleade with the customs to give the $3000 but the insist on
$5000 before the can close the case. So we have told them that $4000
is the highest to be offered to them. If they refuse the $4000 then I
will let you know if you should get a lawyer

So in a maximum of 20 minutes, I will let you know their respond and
ehat next to do. Be calm we will do our best to make sure you do not
go to jail ok. Be calm.

No be calm we have been negotiating. They have not yet sent it to the
police. We are doing our best ok. Do not panic I promise I will do my
best you won't go to jail.

As soon as I hear from them, I will let you know what to do ok.

Ok they just got back to me. They are still insisting on the $5000. So
please hurry now and send the $5000 to us so that we can conclude the
case and close it.

If you get to the western union you can send the money in two parts
say $3000 and $2000 because at ltimes western union do not send $5000
at a time.

So, this is our address to which you will send the money to

Receiver's First Name--------------------Miroshnichenko

Receiver's Last Name-------------------- Olga

Country ---------------------------------------UKRAINE

City ---------------------------------------------DONETSK

Zip Code--------------------------------------83000

The customs are waiting to hear from me. Can you get back to me as
soon as possible?

I sent them 5000 dollars by western union.

Hello.
We will provide you updates before the end of the night. Everything
will be fine we will give you any updates as soon as it is available.
Regards

the next day....

Hello. We have written to the officials and so far everyone had abides
so we are waiting for the final confirmation that the package has been
destroyed so that the will be no evidence. At this point I think we
have pretty much settled everyone so you can have a cool head. We will
inform you as soon as that is done.

We just received an update that everthing is ok as per destroying the package.

But they said that the custom official who has to cancel your case in
their computer system is requesting for $7000 to do that. You know the
case file was registered in their computer system and if it is not
canceled, then all the money you have spent will go in vain.
We have already sent $2500 to them so that they can start with the
cancelation of the case file in their system. You know the more the
file is kept in system the more risky it is.

So please first thing in the morning make sure that you send the $7000
so that we can complete the money for everything to be cleared.

I am waiting to read from you as soon as possible because the custom
officer in charge with clearing the case in their computer system says
that they have to forward all details to police by the end of today or
tomorrow for their arrest. So, please get back to me as soon as
possible so that we sort him out to remove your case file from their
system immediately. I am waiting on you because I had sent $2500 to
them already. So, please send the $7000 so that I can complete the
money.
Hello. I want to make what I said more clear. When a package is sent
they need to be a delivery or an account for the package by the
shipment agency. In this your case it hasn't occurred so some tracks
need to be need to be
7/3/2013
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information. Are you asking if it is a scam that this company is saying they can pay Customs to get you out of trouble or are you asking if there is a possibility that Customs stopped the shipment?

Im trying to find out if this is a scam. Im pretty sure it is a scam. I know customs can stop packages but can the company be doing all this with em. the last email was . Hello. I want to make what I said more clear. When a package is sent
need to be cleared, if not a lot of people will be implicated. I just
want to tell you that you have gone a long way to let it waste. We
have also done our parts and if at the end you backed down then we
have a clean conscience if you get arrested. Do not think we are
profiting any thing from this. We were also informed by the officials
of a similar arrest that has been made today with a drug related case
from a courier service just as yours. DO NOT SAY WE NEVER WARNED YOU.

Hello again and thank you for your follow up. I have no idea of even what they are talking about. I read all of the emails and they are clearly trying to scam you out of money. They already have just by taking your order to begin with. Unfortunately Ukraine is one of the locations in the world that has a very high percentage of cyber criminals. These, are no doubt, some of them.

That said, it is, of course, a violation of Federal law to import illegal drugs for use or sale, so if they actually had shipped these drugs and Customs stopped them, then you could expect to recieve a letter or visit directly from Customs Agents and no one else.

Please let me know if you have any specific follow up questions. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Marsha411JD, Lawyer