How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MyraB Your Own Question
MyraB, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 371
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
MyraB is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It has been revealed that over the past 25 years a former employer

This answer was rated:

It has been revealed that over the past 25 years a former employer of my spouse and father figure to him has been groping his private parts all this time. The groping occurs when the man is in a drunken state and is unwanted but brushed off with excuses for his behavior. As a result my spouse has experienced psychological stress, sexual health issues, loss of trust and difficulties in peer relationships. The man is a CEO of a multi-million dollar company. When the sexual harassment began at the age of 20 to my spouse spoke to another employee friend of his about it and was told he had done that to him as well. A sexual harassment suit was filed against him in around 1995 by another employee but was dismissed or settled. My spouse was young and trusting at the time, had no real family and this man took him under his wing and became like a father to him. The man is my spouses main benefactor and he uses that power to shut my husband up. Can any charges be filed after all of this time?

MyraB :

Hello and thank you for your question.

What state did this occur in? And is it still going on?

MyraB and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

I see that you have gone offline so I am switching to a question and answer format to continue the discussion.


I am very sorry to hear that this is happening to you and your husband.


In order to provide the most relevant and useful information for you, please let me know the state that this occurred in and whether the situation is still going on and if it has stopped, when the last occurrence was? Also, is your husband contemplating criminal charges, a civil action or both?


Thank you.

I received a message that you replied to my request, but I do not see anything here. Would you please post again. I apologize for the glitch.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We are in Texas. The last occurrence was almost a month ago when he was there to do the grocery shopping, pay bills, take care of the property etc. He was so upset when he came home and when I pressed him he revealed the situation. His "Dad" is 76 years old now and of course he could just never go there again and this would end but he really cares for him and doesn't want to abandon him as neither one of them have any other family. I however have no such loving feelings for him and am angry that he has done this to my Husband. I understand the mixed feelings involved of love for the man but hatred for the behavior that my Husband feels. If threatened criminal charges or a Civil suit will end this fine. If these things have to occur for him to get the message then I will press for that. I just want to know what options there are, if any. Thank you so much for your previous rapid response and consideration.

Thank you for the positive rating and for the additional information. I have also reviewed your discussion with another expert earlier today that sets out the situation in more detail.

The "father" may be charged with sexual offenses, and possibly extortion, as the last conduct is fairly recent. You may also be able to file a civil action against him. However, if he is threatening criminal action against you, you may want to retain an attorney who can write a letter to him to stop threatening you, and to cut ties with him. This would also protect you from an allegation of recent fabrication were the "Father" to make good on his threats to bring criminal charges regarding the finances. You and your husband should not have to live in fear of criminal prosecution where the "Father" victimized your husband over the years.

As you mentioned in the prior question, the "Father's" financial assistance over the course of months and years would be evidence that the most recent transactions were also authorized.


Here is a list of lawyer referral services through the Texas Bar Association. There are some services that provide a low cost 30 minute initial consultation.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

MyraB and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you MyraB for your assistance and for being a part of this website. I'm 49 years old and have never had need of legal assistance before and now all of a sudden so many things at once. Thanks again!

You're very welcome. I realize that legal issues can be overwhelming. I wish you well. If you need any further assistance, this thread will stay open for a week and you can feel free to ask follow up questions. Thank you for the positive ratings and bonus.

MyraB and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions