Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was got caught drinking as a freshman in college in the stae

Customer Question
of New York when i...
I was got caught drinking as a freshman in college in the stae of New York when i was like 19~20 years old. I got a ticket from the officer, for which I had to make an appearing at the court. I didn't see the judge or entered the courtroom or anything, but I spoke to the intern(?) lawyer there and he said that as long as I plead guilty and pay the fine and attend one education session, it'll be okay.

I'm applying to medical school now, and it asks me if I have ever been convicted of a crime, or pleaded guilty and been placed on probation, court supervision or another reconviction program?

I already said no thinking of crime as things like robbery or something big, and completely forgot about my underage drinking ticket. Now I'm worried that the schools would think I lied after they run a background check Certiphi(?) on me...
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/2/2013
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 4 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

What you experienced was a "violation" and not a criminal offense. Therefore, no fingerprints taken and thus this will not appear on a background check

Good luck with your academics

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law