Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have tried to do this the correct way with getting everything

approved to go on a...
I have tried to do this the correct way with getting everything approved to go on a cruise with the probation office but they are taking so long and the cruise is set to leave on Monday. What will happen if I go on the cruise? Will I be arrested? I am on probation and have been for 4 years. I have paid everything and done everything I am supposed to do..I have no warrants and have turned things around for me and my family.
7/2/2013
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. How long is the cruise for?

The cruise leaves on Monday and comes back on Friday. my mom wants to take the whole family on a vacation.

Thank you for the additional information. As you are aware, you need permission to leave the State and Country when you are on probation. If you fail to obtain it, you could be in violation. With that said, the only way which they would likely know is if while during the time you are away, they try and contact you over the phone, appear at your home, request you come in for a meeting/appointment and submit to a random drug test or anything else which would require then trying to find you. If they do find you have left, they would likely violate you and issue a warrant for your arrest. If that is the case, when you return and go through customs, you could be taken into custody. Seeing how close the time to travel is, I would start calling your probation officer and the department every day, to obtain a status on the approval. If you are violated, there is a chance that your probation may be revoked and you have to go to jail or extended and spend more time on probation.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

They have given me permission and a travel permit to go to Florida but are having to wait on the one for the cruise. I am trying so hard to do this the correct way but it has moved very slowely and i am now getting very nervous about the getting them done in time for leaving.

I do understand your concern, as time approaches. It seems very odd that they would provide you with the travel permit to Florida but not complete the documents and approval for the cruise. I am inclined to believe if they knew that the trip to Florida was part of the cruise, they are going to allow you to go but you just need the documents. There is nothing wrong with calling tomorrow and advising them of the shortness of time and need to make plans and accommodations, to make sure you can go.

Thank you I will try to continue to get this done but if I can't get it all from them and go will I get arrested when I come back from the cruise?

If there is an active warrant for your arrest, then you would be taken into custody and placed in jail, until you go before a Judge, unless a bond is set on you. As I stated above, for the warrant to be issued, they would have to have reason to believe you left the Country without permission. They did say you could travel to Florida, so they may recognize that and take no action, not having an idea you are going ton the cruise.
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty