How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26800
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What Countries can I visit if I have a felony record

This answer was rated:

What Countries can I visit if I have a felony record
Hello Jacustomer,

Each country decides that for itself and this is an area that changes frequently because of social policy and political issues. There is no such thing as a reliable list of which countries will allow you to visit with a criminal record. Additionally, some countries allow some former offenders in but not others depending on the specific nature and seriousness of their crime.

If you are looking to travel somewhere, the only safe way to proceed is to contact that country's Embassy in the US and ask them if you'd be able to visit. They would know for sure what their laws were as to this. If you are told that your felony bars you from entering, ask the Embassy whether the country offers some sort of a waiver for people in your position. If such a waiver is available, for a fee, you could get papers from the Embassy that would could show upon entry and which would allow you in after all.

Good luck!
Zoey_ JD and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you