How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend is in jail for disorderly conduct and probation

This answer was rated:

My boyfriend is in jail for disorderly conduct and probation violation. A part of his probation condition up on his release is that he cannot have any contact with me for 3 years. I am a little baffled by this condition. Jake, my bf is an addict, which is what led to these arrests. I however do not use drugs nor alcohol and have been a positive driving force in his life. We love each other and want to be together when he gets out in 3 weeks, but do not want to jeopardize his freedom. I am by far the healthiest person he has in his life to date. What recourse is there to this? He has NEVER been in legal trouble before this.

Note: There were some problems with violence (his) in our relationship when he was using that the court is aware of. If he is clean and sober this is not an issue. I want to be supportive, get on with our lives and put this behind us.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating


I am sorry to hear of this matter for you and your boyfriend.


It appears the order to have no contact is based on your prior relationship and any situations that may have been violent in that regard. And because he is an addict, the courts or his probation officer feel that you may be a "stressor" that will lead to a relapse in treatment.


I suggest that you might want to sit and talk to the PO and see if there is anyway to have the restrictions lifted - and if not at this time perhaps in due time

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. That is an interesting view. I am an Addictions Counselor and sometimes it is difficult to see the forest thru the trees.





Thank you.


I understand. Is there a follow up question then in this regard?

Samuel II and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you