How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Guru Your Own Question
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1366
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal-Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son was incarcerated for probation violation...he was sentenced

This answer was rated:

my son was incarcerated for probation violation...he was sentenced to 2 inmate told him that if he doesn't get transferred to Graterford in 30 days after his trial, he will be released. He has been in HOC for 35 days. Then they tell him he fell thru the cracks cause no record of him being there. His counselor said his case in being referred n under investigation. What does that mean?
Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am sorry to hear of your son's experience. What the counselor probably means is that if there was a failure to follow policy they may be internally investigating why that happened. If someone made a mistake they could be reprimanded or disciplined. Unfortunately, it is unlikely to have any effect on the length of your son's incarceration.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to know bout first part of my it true that they can not be held for more than 30 days without transferring to assigned prison.

No. That may be their policy to transfer within 30 days, but it is not a legal requirement.
Legal-Guru and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you