How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13565
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter was abducted in 1981 and until just a few days

Customer Question

My daughter was abducted in 1981 and until just a few days ago I did not know where she was, however my husband has found here in La Paz, Mexico. When she was abducted my ex-husband he had custody, however shortly after that I was given legal custody by the courts so it was legal for me to attempt to find her. There was at one time a bench-warrant for his arrest. Is there anything I can do to protect my daughter and my grandchildren from his as he is a very dangerous man. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing Criminal law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Can you clarify for me: Your daughter is an adult now. What kind of protection powers are you seeking?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She is scared to death of her father and is even afraid to communicate with me for fear of what he might do.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She seems to have to no of way of getting away from her father, because she resides with, her half-brother and her children. They are all afraid of him!!

Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 4 years ago.
If you believe she is under the threat of bodily injury (if he is using a threat to imprison her, so to speak), you may want to involve the authorities to have him charged with whatever Mexican law would cover this type of action.

You may also want to hire professionals that could covertly communicate with her on your behalf, when HE is at work or otherwise not around, persuade her that they are prepared, at your behest, to arrange for her and the children to leave the country and return to the U.S., to live with you. Perhaps if she knows that professionals are there to make it happen, and that HE will remain unaware until such time as he realizes she is long since gone, she will gain some confidence to make such a move. Does she have a husband or father of the children involved as well, that must be considered?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You did not give me any additional information that I did not already have.

Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 4 years ago.

So sorry, you forgot to include what you already new in the "already tried" section. As such, I had no way of knowing that you already knew what to do, since you actually asked me, " Is there anything I can do to protect my daughter and my grandchildren from his as he is a very dangerous man." I have told you what you can do and I realize it is not a magic bullet in this very frustrating situation. Did you have a different question that perhaps you forgot to ask, that you really wanted answered, rather than the one you posed? If so, if you type it in a reply, I will be happy to answer it for you, if possible.

Alexia Esq.

Additional: Could you please correct the rating? It seems you inadvertently gave a defamatory rating that is personally and professionally damaging to me and that is somewhat inappropriate, given the above. Please, if you don't mind, kindly change it by re-rating here, on this one, and we can work then on your amended question that you intended. Thanks for understanding.