How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27056
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got the ticket which I didnt aware of I have to appear to

This answer was rated:

I got the ticket which I didn't aware of I have to appear to the court. Now the due date has been passed and I realize that the case status became 853.7/21 Warrant (non-traffic). I am afraid of how to fix this issue. Can I get the attorney help to get out from this problem?
Hello Jacustomer,

The longer you wait, the more of a problem that this will become. Only the court that issued a warrant can lift the warrant for you.

If you only recently missed your date and the warrant out against you is new, you can go to court and talk to the clerk of the court to get your case put back on the calendar and the warrant lifted. The more time that you have waited after you missed your date, the better the chance that you should not go back to court unless you do so with a lawyer.

If you are afraid to go to court and appear on the warrant because you think that the judge might put you in jail (he has that power) then what you have to do is to hire a lawyer to go to jail on your behalf and lift the warrant. In a matter like this, which probably was not all that serious in the first place, a lawyer is generally able to lift the warrant and get you a new date so that you can come in and finish up your case.
Zoey_ JD and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions