How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Guru Your Own Question
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1366
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal-Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A few months ago i plead guilty to a minor in consumption and

Customer Question

A few months ago i plead guilty to a minor in consumption and a disturbing the peace charge in Nevada. A few months later i was arrested again for a minor in consumption and a loitering charge. I moved out of state just after i was arrested so i missed my court date after i asked the judge for a extension on my date many times. After my first trial the judge gavee a suspended sentence of 10 days so if i return to Nevada with my bail money and pay it will i have to serve that sentence or will i be released and have to go to court?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Guru replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.

You don't have to worry about the ten day suspended sentence. You would only have to serve that if you got in trouble within that ten day period. Since it was a few months later you were not on probation at that time.

Your issue is with the failure to appear warrant on the second charge. If you make bond on that warrant, you will be released and be given a new court date. It would probably be wise to contact an attorney or bondsman before you go back so that they can arrange for you to be bonded out immediately.