How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I have a car that im selling to a family member.I made

This answer was rated:

Hello I have a car that im selling to a family member.I made up a contract stating what I want for the car each month. And the first payment to start on February 1, 2013. The contract does not state the payments will be made on the first of every month but I told him they needed to be made on the first of every month. Also the contract says I will take car back if he is two payments behind. I have not got Junes payment so if he has not given me payment by July 2nd can I get my car back?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Yes, if the contract does not specify that the payments would be made on the 1st of every month but it starts on February 1 and states payments would be made monthly, then payments are presumed by law to be on the 1st of every month. Furthermore, if he is not in compliance with the terms of the contract and has missed the two payments, then on July 2 he is officially 2 months behind and you can repossess the vehicle as long as you can do so without causing any disturbance of the peace. If you cannot get the car without causing a disturbance, you would have to sue him for breach of contract and seek to get the car back through the court.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you