Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

If person was arrested for "said" crime,how long before they

If person was arrested for...

If person was arrested for "said" crime,how long before they have to show probable cause for arresting the person. and does the judge have to sign it. he was charged with a felony.

6/23/2013
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

If they are arrested, then the judge does not have to sign anything. There should be an Arraignment within 72 hours where the court will listen to the statement of facts read by the District Attorney - a plea will be required and then a bond will be set or the person released to the community on their own personal recognizance meaning without a bond.

the officers arrested him because rangers said he looked suspicious do they have to prove probable cause for the arrest?

Hello

Yes. And they have 72 hours to bring it to arraignment or be released

I suggest he not talk to anyone or give an answers to any questions without an attorney present. Or that will add to the fishing expedition of gaining evidence.

would it be in writing or just a verbal statement in court

Hello

It will be in writing and then read aloud in court

Thank-you, you have been more helpful than you know. Thank-you again

Hello

You are welcome and good luck

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law