Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Is there anything that can be done to reduce. a plea after

it has been made....
Is there anything that can be done to reduce. a plea after it has been made.
6/23/2013
Roger, Lawyer
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

There's no legal right or procedure to reduce a plea agreement after it is made, BUT it is possible to withdraw a plea IF it is before the sentence is handed down by the court. However, once a sentence is handed down, there's really no way to change anything.

Thus, if the plea has been entered, but no sentence has been issued, it can generally be withdrawn. Otherwise, that's really the only thing that can be done.
Roger, Lawyer

Absolutely!

Roger, Lawyer