How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there anything that can be done to reduce. a plea after

This answer was rated:

Is there anything that can be done to reduce. a plea after it has been made.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

There's no legal right or procedure to reduce a plea agreement after it is made, BUT it is possible to withdraw a plea IF it is before the sentence is handed down by the court. However, once a sentence is handed down, there's really no way to change anything.

Thus, if the plea has been entered, but no sentence has been issued, it can generally be withdrawn. Otherwise, that's really the only thing that can be done.
Roger and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.