How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27452
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend got arrested on her way home after taking a hallucinogen

This answer was rated:

My friend got arrested on her way home after taking a hallucinogen a my house. No money was exchanged. She simply chose to take it. Her family texted me today saying she was arrested last night and to stay away from her. My question is, can her parents press charges against me?
Hello Jacustomer,

One need not pay for the exchange of drugs for it to be considered a sale. Giving it away is still distributing it.

Yes her parents can press charges against you, but since they don't know whether it's true that you provided it or not, it likely wouldn't get very far unless your friend were willing to cooperate with the police and prosecutor to give evidence against you.

In case that happens, say nothing to anyone about what happened at your house. If the police call you and want some information, don't talk to them about the incident until you've conferred a local lawyer
Zoey_ JD and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you