Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

what is the meaning of freelance assistance to lawyers in need

Customer Question

what is the meaning of freelance assistance to lawyers in need of a friend in federal court
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Where did you see that language?

Customer :

at a lawyer site

JD 1992 :

That doesn't have a specific legal meaning but what it sounds like, based on it being a lawyer's website, is that they assist with cases in federal court. This can mean filling in at hearings so the lawyer doesn't actually have to travel to court every time there is a hearing, providing local resources during trials, etc.

JD 1992 :

In cities with a busy federal court it is often very helpful to have a local attorney serving as local counsel.

Customer :

what of these and freelance assistance to lawyers in need of a friend in federal court

JD 1992 :

I don't understand what you mean by your last post. What are you asking?

JD 1992 :

It looks like the chat function is acting up so I am going to save and exit and see if that correct the problem. I will be offline starting about 10 AM CST but on again later this afternoone.