How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27220
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help my grandson was arrested for child abuse in Az.

This answer was rated:

I need help my grandson was arrested for child abuse in Az. The problem is that he has sizures and when he was holding a baby he drooped it because of his sizure. Whar can i do nobody has any money to get a good a lawyer they 40000 up front. What can i do?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Is he still in jail or has he been released on bond? Also, were there any witnesses around when he had the seizure and is there medical documentation of it? Who reported the alleged abuse?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is still in jail. I dont know if there were witnesses. Not sure about the medical documentation.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What happend where did you go

Thank you for the additional information. If he is still in jail, there is likely a bond on him, so he will need to be bonded out. A bail bond company can be hired to post the bond, so he does not have to sit and wait in jail, until the case is resolved. They normally charge a 10% fee, so you can contact some companies this morning to retain their services. If he is unable to retain private counsel, he will need to be appointed the public defender, the next time he appears in court. The PD will make a demand for discovery and see all the evidence which the State has and will be using against him. Of course, it is important to see if there were any witnesses and who this was even reported by. Moreover, he will likely need to obtain medical documentation, to support his claim that he has seizures, as someone who suffers from them, typically is under the care of a doctor. In addition, the medical report and evaluation of the child would need to be obtain, to see if the marks and bruises on the body are consistent with a child falling or if they are from being struck. Right now, the best thing that you can do is retain a bail bondsman to get him released from jail, since you are unable to hire legal counsel at this time. The goal is to get him released at this point, so he does not have to sit and wait in jail and can fight these charges from outside of a jail cell.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Right now the bond on hlm is 50000, nobody can afford even 5000 to get him out, in that case what happens next


What will happen is that he will have to wait and will go before the Judge to be arraigned. At that time, he will be appointed the public defender who will also likely motion the court to reduce his bond or see if he can be placed and monitored on pre-trial release, based upon the facts and circumstances of the case.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can i call the Public defenders office in Maricopa county in Az and talk with them.

You can try but they will not likely speak with you since you are not a defendant, they have yet to be appointed to your son and can not disclose any information. You can try and see if they will go visit him in jail though, to start the process.
CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions