How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get an expunged arrest record and mugshot off the

Customer Question

How can I get an expunged arrest record and mugshot off the internet?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 4 years ago.

AttyCBradford :

O.C.G.A. § 35-3-37(d) (1) allows for the expungement of arrest charges by a local law enforcement agency when certain conditions are met (as outlined in this statute). If approved by appropriate prosecutor, the arrest cycle is sealed on the Georgia criminal history report by GCIC. Access to that arrest information is restricted to criminal justice agencies only.

AttyCBradford :

To apply for the local record expungement, contact the arresting law enforcement agency to obtain an application for Request to Expunge Record. Also the Request to Expunge Record can be found on the GBI website, by selecting Publications and then selecting Georgia Criminal History Record Expungements or click on this link Georgia Criminal History Record Expungements. The Request to Expunge Record is a three-part form:

Section One - You will complete Section One and return to the arresting agency.

Section Two - Completed by the arresting agency that forwards the request to the appropriate prosecutor (District Attorney or Solicitor).

Section Three - Completed by the prosecutor who will approve or deny the request.
Once the prosecutor completes their portion, all three sections should be forwarded to GCIC with the required processing fee payable by certified check or money order. Click here for the expungement fee.

AttyCBradford :

if I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

AttyCBradford :

I see you have not accepted the answer if you have additional questions then please as otherwise accept the answer so I can receive credit for my work

Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 4 years ago.
I see you have not accepted the answer was there further information I can provide? If not, please accept the questions so I can get credit for assisting you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You have not answered my question

Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 4 years ago.
As far as removing it from the internet you would have to contact the specific website. ARREST records are generally not expunged and if they are on a public information site, then they will not be removed from the website.

In order for the companies including the PUBLIC search engines to remove the mugshot photo, the CONVICTION must be EXPUNGED, as outlined above.

Even when a website has removed it; it does take a little while for google and other search engines to catch up and remove it from their searches.

DO NOT pay a service to remove these mugshots, as when you are arrested the photo becomes a public image.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There was no conviction it was dismissed and expunged right after. I wasn't even charged with anything. The records were destroyed back then. How did it end up on the internet and do I have a case to sue. Why are you not answering my question? I have contacted GBI and the sheriffs office, they both say my records are expunged.