How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacEsq Your Own Question
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16370
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
ScottyMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get an oklahoma concealed carry license? I had a misdemeanor

This answer was rated:

Can I get an oklahoma concealed carry license? I had a misdemeanor drug possession and a misdemeanor drug paraphernalia charges expunged in November of 2011 after I served a deferred sentence.

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

While the charges are expunged, you would still need to wait 3 years from the "final determination" of the matter. See OK statute 21-1290.11(10) : An arrest for an alleged commission of, a charge pending for, or the person is subject to the provisions of a deferred sentence or a deferred prosecution for any one or more of the following misdemeanor offenses in this state or another state: a. any assault and battery which caused serious physical injury to the victim or any second or subsequent assault and battery, b. any aggravated assault and battery, c. any stalking pursuant to Section 1173 of this title, or a similar law of another state, d. any violation of the Protection from Domestic Abuse Act, Section 60 et seq. of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes, or any violation of a victim protection order of another state, or e. any violation relating to illegal drug use or possession. The preclusive period for this paragraph shall be three (3) years and shall begin upon the final determination of the matter. B. Nothing in this section shall be construed to require a full investigation of the applicant by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.:

ScottyMacEsq :

So after three years from the "final decision" (when the sentence was dropped, etc...) you could apply. You should include a copy of the decision and expungement order when you do apply for it.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions