How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102506
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, we are asking a judge to recuse himself ccp 170.1 ,170.3 is

This answer was rated:

Hello, we are asking a judge to recuse himself ccp 170.1 ,170.3
is this done in a motion ?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. Yes, to ask a Judge to recuse, this is done via motion, specifically, the aptly named Motion to Recuse. Within the motion, the movant (one who files the motion) spells out why they feel that the Judge cannot be neutral and fair as described by CAL. CCP. CODE § 170.1 et seq.

The Judge may deny the emotion, but the movant may appeal the motion to the interlocutory court, which may overrule and approve the motion after all.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Best of luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Ely and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you