Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Does a parole officer have the discretion to lift a parole

hold for an inmate who...
Does a parole officer have the discretion to lift a parole hold for an inmate who has a current DWAI and has accepted a plea bargain or does he have to wait until the parole board meets?
6/13/2013
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Welcome and thank you for your questions

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Once a hold or warrant is issued for a parolee to see the Board for a Revocation hearing and if the matter such as this has been taken care of, then the Parole Office may at their discretion request a recall on the warrant.

Unfortunately, that is seldom done because a Parole Officer does not want to risk something happening with the offender where they would be held responsible and so once a warrant hold is placed, the PO will usually let it take its course and leave it up to the Board to either continue the parole or terminate it.

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Samuel - II

I am so sorry about our 2 PM on line conference. I knew about it this am
and forgot to check my daytimer this afternoon. You did a great job
answering my question. Email me if you'd like to set up another conference.

Noreen XXXXXXXX

Hello

You can just post your question here and we can continue or you may start a new post and just put in the header For Samuel-II Only

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law