How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27747
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do if someone forged my name on my son probation

This answer was rated:

What can I do if someone forged my name on my son probation paper?
Hi Jacustomer,

You could report this to your son's probation officer, but it might open up a big can of worms depending upon who did sign it and why you were required to sign it.

Do you know who forged your signature? Why was your signature necessary? Use the reply tab below.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes. My son got in trouble in Texas and he need a place to stay after release.


So the document that was signed gives him permission to live with you? Did he sign it himself? Is he, in fact, living with you? If yes, do you want him to live somewhere else?

I think after you answer the above I'll be able to frame an answer, so please answer each part. I want to make sure exactly what the situation is and why you are concerned.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not know if he signed it. I have not seen the documents. my concern I have no knowledge of what is expected of me or him.


I can tell you in general what is expected of a probationer, but there are also usually some personal requirements that are specifically tailored to your son's needs and/or background.

He'll be expected to live a law abiding life, to avoid associating with people who have a criminal background, to find a job (or go to school), to keep all of his appointments with his probation officer and to avoid drugs and alcohol. He will need permission from his PO to leave the county. if he changes his residence or his life circumstances (gets engaged, for example) he must immediately notify his PO. He may be subject to random searches and to drug testing.

If he's living with you, your home could be searched, as unfortunately, your rights are abbreviated because he has very few rights at this time.

For specifics, you need to see the actual report and your son should be willing to show you his copy. If he lost it tell him to get another copy from probation and show it to you. Yes, you can contact his probation and ask for a copy of his requirements yourself, but if probation feels that he forged your signature, they will be none too happy with him.
Zoey_ JD and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you