Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Hello again! Hope all is well! I wanted to check with you whether

Hello again! Hope all is well! I wanted to check with you whether there is a way for me to drop a restrain order against my husband before the next court date which is only in August. Please advice.

We went all over this in the first place and the picture hasn't changed since then. Without the consent of the DA the case is going to remain open. You need to talk to the DA and say you don't need a restraining order and you'd like that to be lifted. If you've done that and the DA won't budge, then you have to tell your husband's lawyer that you want to get a modification of the order and see if he'll help you. He will probably not be overeager unless you are looking to drop charges altogether.

There is simply no other way but through the DA. I don't know how you left matters with your husband's lawyer but once you've tried the DA and gotten nowhere, he's the possible key to this whole situation.