Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Hi, I had a restraining order issued in 2012. It was recently

Hi, I had a restraining order...

I had a restraining order issued in 2012. It was recently dropped last month. I was not charged with anything except for attending a 52 week DV program. Now that the restraining order is dropped, are my rights restored to purchase firearms?
6/8/2013
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

Assuming the restraining order was the only thing that was blocking your right to purchase firearms, your rights should be restored when the order expires or was otherwise removed. If it is still showing up as a block you will want to follow up with the clerk of courts where the restraining order was issued and remind them to complete and send in the paperwork related to the removal of the Brady Bill disqualification.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

_________________________________________________________________
Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer