Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Im a doctor in LA Los Angeles for 25 yers who got convicted

I'm a doctor in LA...
I'm a doctor in LA Los Angeles for 25 yers who got convicted for 2 years in 1/2000,I escaped probation after 3 mon,I want get back without facing jail.
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/7/2013
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

LegalKnowledge :

Good morning. Can you please clarify what you mean when you say you escaped probation? Do you mean you left the State and never returned or reported? Is there a warrant out for you arrest?

Customer:

I think there is a warrant after I stopped completing my probation,my only contact is my old DL # XXXXX

Customer:

PLZ REPLY TO MY CONTRACT CASE WITH SAUDI MILITARY HOSPITAL TOO,THX

WHWRE IS YOUR REPLY???

Thank you for the additional information. If you stop complying with the terms and conditions of your probation and absconded, there is a warrant likely out there for your arrest. If you want to return and resolve this, you would first need to file a motion to vacate the warrant and reset the court date. You could either do this on your own or retain legal counsel. If you did not do this nor if the Judge did not grant the request, you would have to turn yourself in and post a bond, to be released, if there was one on the warrant. After that happens, you would need to appear in court on the violation and likely need to work out a plea deal, unless you had a legal defense to raise and wanted to fight this. In an ideal situation, the prosecutor would agree to reinstate and extend your probation, imposing additional terms and conditions. However, there is no way for sure if they will do this and it depends on the facts surrounding the case and what the current situation is. The decision about jail depends on how old the case is, what you were on probation for and how much, if any, of the probation term you complied with. As far as your other question, that is separate and apart from this criminal issue, so another expert will have to answer that and will shortly.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

CAN YOU HANDLE MY OTHER CASE AS A PAYOR OF THE CRIMINAL ONE.THAT ONE WAS FOR MEDICAL FRAUD,IF YOU ASK.

I'M A GOOD PHYSICIAN BEFORE & AFTER THE CASE,CAN YOU HELP ME?

I am not an expert on medical fraud, so I would rather allow another professional to answer that. As far as you being a good physician, that is a mitigating factor for the court to consider, when deciding what type of plea to impose. It is something to bring before the court.
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty